Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break

Well, the boys are out on Spring Break this week. And I have to say it has been a very crazy week for us. Monday was pretty normal, we stayed at home and I tried to get some work done, while the kids did chores and played. But Tuesday... Is another story. I woke up at 6:30 in a lot of pain. And after learning that the pain was so bad that I couldn't walk, or move without pain I told Justin I needed him to take me to the hospital. So after spending all day there in the ER and having tests done. They sent me home, but I was feeling much better (yes the Morphine helped). But not before telling me that I have a large cyst that is and may continue to cause me pain. But it should go away on it's own. Wednesday and Thursday I played catch up from not working on Tuesday. And today, I need to play catch up on the household chores that I have let go all week.

But the weather has been amazing high 70's and we are back to wearing shorts, and loving the fact that we live in a vacation spot. We wish you could all be here to enjoy the weather with us. Hope to see you soon.

5 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I am sorry about the cyst. What a pain...literally.

I wish I were there for the 70's...oh I wish. BUT hey, California for me next week!!! YIPEE!

Janeal and Brett said...

I am so sorry! I have talked to you this week and had no idea....I hope you are feeling better! You are the best!

Debra said...

If it's an ovarian cyst...if you have one you are likely to get others. To supress your ovaries and avoid them consider birth control pills and NSAIDS.

Debra said...

Also, depending how large the cyst is, there is the risk of torsion or rupture. Hope it was diagnosed by ultrasound...MRI's and CT's don't give good cyst info.

Unknown said...

It is an ovarian cyst... and it is 6 cm long (larger than my ovary), and I think there is a good chance that it will rupture. But I was told not to worry and go into my ob/gyn for a follow up in 6 weeks. I was thinking of trying to get in earlier.

I am still having pain related to it. And I HATE to take the pain meds, but will do what I have to. I don't want to take birth control pills... because they made me so sick that I couldn't function. But maybe there is something else that could help.

And yes it was diagnosed by ultrasound.