Monday, October 05, 2009

3 MONTHS???

Apparently I have neglected my duties to my blog fans. I am truly sorry for the lack of blog posts since July. So here is a quick update.

I started Real Estate School, and completed the classes in September. I took the State and National tests on September 29th and passed. I signed on with the broker at Arizona Premier Realty Homes and Land. Then I finally got a call back from a job which I had applied for in early August. So I start working at Banana Republic on October 7th. So I will now have a part time job at Banana Republic as well as my full time job as a REALTOR. I am hoping that the little extra income will help relieve some of the stress that we have been experiencing as of late.

Justin is working on his last class needed to get his Bachelor's degree. And is scheduled to finish that later this month. Not to mention the 60 - 80 hours a week that he is putting in at work. So he has been busy.

Conrad is doing well in school, and enjoying public school again. He is learning that kids can be cruel, and he needs to just blow them off or talk to a teacher if he is having a problem. He is a great kid and I so enjoy watching him learn new things and grow. (But he is growing up too fast!)

Spencer has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and so after some not so pleasant discussions with the school, and a lot of meetings we are getting him an IEP so that he is protected at school, and the school is protected. It has been interesting reading all the legal documents around the IDEA, IEP's, 504 plans, and FERPA.

I have learned so much these last three months that I feel excited to keep learning. I can't believe how much our lives have changed in just 3 short months. What a blessing it is to have the Lord on my side to help me deal with all the changes.

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Holy COW!
It has been to long! I need to call you!
LOVE YOU!

Debra said...

How in the world can they diagnose a little kid with that??? What do they base it on??? We need to talk!