Thursday, June 17, 2010

What a Summer!

Well, it is officially summer. The kids got out of school the last week in May and so far I am not looking forward to this summer AT ALL.

Right before summer I had surgery to have a growth removed from one of my fallopian tubes, and was down and out of it for a couple of weeks. But after my surgery the Dr. tells me that there is another problem that she suspected but wasn't sure about until she went in and "looked around". So I have to go back in for surgery in July to have a total hysterectomy. FUN FUN FUN!!!! So I will be looking at a 6 week recovery from that one, and spending 2-3 days in the hospital. But it will be so nice to have all of this pain behind me, and not have to deal with it anymore.

Then, a couple of weeks after my surgery I take the boys into the dentist to find out that Conrad needed one tooth filled and two pulled. And Spencer needs 1 filled, 1 root canal, and one tooth pulled. And to top it off Spencer has this insane fear of the dentist so we have to have him completely sedated for all of this (which the insurance will not cover). And to make it worse they can not get Spencer in until August because the anesthesiologist is booked until then. So he is walking around with two gaping holes in two of his teeth. (And yes I mean gaping it is very obvious when you look in his mouth.)

Then, 2 1/2 weeks into summer and Conrad crashes on his scooter and breaks his arm. So he is now sporting a cast and looking forward to lots of signatures on it. He will be wearing that for at least 3 weeks, maybe longer. Which ruins my plans of taking them to the water park and pool all the time to keep them out of the house and from getting bored.

So to sum it all up our summer is completely full of injuries, illness, and lots of medical bills. And we are only on week three. I hope summer is going better for all of you.

4 comments:

The Sants said...

Oh my goodness! You guys have had the run of the mill at your house!! Is anyone going to be down there to help you out after your surgery?

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yea...compared to your summer...mine is going SUPER!
I am sorry, we will see you this weekend though! Yipee!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

This is officially from last summer! Time for an update!!!m

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

This is two summers ago now!!! LOL!